We exclusively use Apache servers, PHP and MySQL for hosting and website development. This combination has repeatedly proven itself to deliver the best performance, features and value for money when compared to similar web technologies.
We feel it is important for US and Canada web sites to be hosted at a major US data hub. We maintain data centers in Los Angeles, and Dallas, which will provide much better connectivity and security than an overseas facility. Having servers located in the US guarantees faster web site access for USA and Canadian site visitors. It also provides web site owners with the security of having their sites in a data center that is subject to US laws and regulations.
Data Center Photos
Our Data Centers
We maintain and operate a state-of-the-art data centers; offering private suites, locked cabinets, multi-tenant open rack space, managed application servers, flexible network and Internet connectivity and all the accompanying service options.
Operate your critical business applications and IT infrastructure in the type of environment these important assets deserve. Our network operations center technicians handle the maintenance and management of these complex facilities and infrastructure enabling you to reap the benefits of a world-class facility with minimum investment of resources and up-front capital.
- Greater network and power redundancy
- Improved physical security and video surveillance
- Access to 24/7 on demand technical support
- Proactive service monitoring and SMS or email notifications
- Equipment is located in an environmentally controlled space with dry fire suppression
- Uptime guarantees backed by an SLA
- 150 ton capacity, redundant Carrier HVAC system
- N+1 Cold Water Pumps
- N+1 Precision Aire Air Handlers
- Our facility is located outside of the 100 year flood plain.
- The building has an F3 wind rating, capable of withstanding 110 mph winds.
- Building exterior skinned with 10 gauge steel studs, 1/2 inch concrete board with a full trowel membrane, 3 inches of Styrofoam, a 3/8 inch trowel of concrete (in mesh) and an additional membrane.
- Multi-homed network with 99.95% uptime backed by our SLA
- Redundant UPS power with 100% uptime backed by our SLA
- FM-200 clean agent dry fire suppression
- Anti-static tile with over head wiring and power
- Main power is backed up by a Cummins diesel generator
- The entire data center receives conditioned power from redundant Powerware UPS systems.
- Redundant power is delivered to each rack as an A & B feed each coming from separate Power Distribution Units
- The data center is located on a newly upgraded power grid
All entrances to our facility, entrances to the data center areas, and each individual data center row is monitored 24×7 by digitally recorded video surveillance.
The Data Centers do not adjoin any exterior walls. All visitors must be authorized for access through an enrollment process that includes generating a photo style ID badge and capturing finger print biometric information. Visiting clients are required to check in at the front desk to check-out their photo ID badge. Access rights and identity for visitors are then double checked and their activity is logged by the biometric controllers located on all access points to the data center. Only an authorized set of Red Anvil personnel has access to the data center. No other individuals are allowed access without prior authorization and an appropriate escort.
Choose the Best Data Center
Many people have asked: Which data center is better – Texas or California?
In this guide I will outline the differences based upon past threads, information from WordPress Hosting US staff etc.
Besides the obvious difference in geographical location, their is a difference in bandwidth providers in each data center:
- in Texas a BGP blended mix of InterNap, Level3, Time Warner Telecom & XO Communications
- in California a BGP blended mix that consists of Qwest, Sprint, Level 3, Global Crossing, Savvis, PCCW, Tiscali and Teleglobe;
WordPress Hosting US differentiates the Texas data center from the California data center with Premium(Texas) and Double Bandwidth(California). Both data centers provide an excellent balance of premium bandwidth providers.
Another thing you may consider is in regards to the physical location of each data center. Based upon where you or potentially most of your customer base maybe located, you might considered one data center over the other based upon it’s proximity to you.
The ms of latency from each data center to where you are or where most of your customer base might be is a consideration. To compare, ping each data centers IP address(shown below). Steps
Windows users, click the start button or Windows logo orb;
Start –> Run –> and type into the serch box: ‘Command’
A box opens whereupon you enter:
type ‘ping ipaddresshere’ (without the quotes) then hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
The ping to Texas might be 80 ms while the ping to California could be 50 ms which means the path from you to California is faster than the path from you to Texas. The results of this test is different for each person. For those catering to overseas visitors, one could attempt to ping from a remote overseas location using a service such as this, to decide what DC is best for them.